Postby RoKo0 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:47 am

Guys, please help me how to say:
"Please, don't publish skins as cars, post them on the forum."

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Re: Dream Car Racing 2 Beta testing

Postby PeixeWiggles » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:01 pm

danieldorais wrote:
PeixeWiggles wrote:Here's the inspiration for "Pimpin Aint Easy" :)

Looks nice! I wonder if you could use an exhaust pipe and trim pieces as frame piece skins to add realism

I'm sure it's possible. You could possibly use an invisible frame piece as a support and the piece it's attached to looks like a tail pipe. Maybe I'll give it a try and see how it looks.

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Postby PeixeWiggles » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:06 pm

RoKo0 wrote:Guys, please help me how to say:

Those words as they are get the point across. Good point though. I didn't think of that. I was following Jeremy's lead when he posted wheels. With the addition of the Skins section to the DCR2 forums hopefully that will take care of it. I'll delete mine and post them to the Skins forum.

jdubboy2000
New DCR Member

Postby jdubboy2000 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:59 pm

RoKo0 can we still "apply" or is it already full?

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Postby PeixeWiggles » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:05 pm

jdubboy2000 wrote:RoKo0 can we still "apply" or is it already full?

It's almost ready for release. Could be any time within the next couple weeks.

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Postby PeixeWiggles » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:05 pm

PeixeWiggles wrote:
RoKo0 wrote:Guys, please help me how to say:

Those words as they are get the point across. Good point though. I didn't think of that. I was following Jeremy's lead when he posted wheels. With the addition of the Skins section to the DCR2 forums hopefully that will take care of it. I'll delete mine and post them to the Skins forum.

As I'm looking over how you have the skins forum broken down into their own sub-categories, I'm thinking you should add another one for "Sets". Meaning, a single post should be a complete set. (A group of skins intended to be used together.) For instance, the John Deere tractor would include the green frame piece, the green frame piece with John Deere name on it, the tractor wheels and the straw hat head. That would be a complete set. I think that would be better than splitting them up into their individual groups.

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Postby PeixeWiggles » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:16 pm

I'll ask this one again. Can we have a timer added to the level editor? It can go right under Velocity and start active at 0 from the moment of entering test mode. No countdown is needed, just the timer. This would help greatly in designing two different ways of getting to the same location, but don't want one way to be significantly quicker than the other.

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Postby PeixeWiggles » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:40 am

danieldorais wrote:Looks nice! I wonder if you could use an exhaust pipe and trim pieces as frame piece skins to add realism

I did something of that nature with the Tractor. Check out Rev 2.1. I added an exhaust pipe and a radiator cap to the piece with the John Deere name on it.

RoKo0
DCR Expert

Postby RoKo0 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:05 am

PeixeWiggles wrote:I'll ask this one again. Can we have a timer added to the level editor? It can go right under Velocity and start active at 0 from the moment of entering test mode. No countdown is needed, just the timer. This would help greatly in designing two different ways of getting to the same location, but don't want one way to be significantly quicker than the other.

Done.

danieldorais
DCR moderator

Postby danieldorais » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:43 pm

I might be blind but where are the leaderboards for the default tracks? Is there going to be one? Because I can't seem to find it.

Return to “BETA TESTERS WANTED”