Dream Car Racing 2 Beta testing

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Re: Dream Car Racing 2 Beta testing

Postby PeixeWiggles » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:56 pm

danieldorais wrote:I might be blind but where are the leaderboards for the default tracks? Is there going to be one? Because I can't seem to find it.

You have to set them up in multiplayer. Anyone can do it. The leaderboards are only for mutliplayer now.

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Postby PeixeWiggles » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:40 am

New level is up. Kind of hit a mental road block for a few days. I have like 6 partially done levels and few different concepts and just didn't know where to take them. At least here's a new level for today. Maybe some of the other ones will hit me too.

Roko0, This is the one I needed the timer for. Worked like a charm, but added lots of tweaking to get both routes merging at roughly the same time.

I don't know about you, but I'm ready to open it up to the world for competition. :)

jeremy
DCR Expert

Postby jeremy » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:02 pm

Awesome track man, :) You truly have a gift. I cant wait to see what else you come up with.

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Postby PeixeWiggles » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:16 pm

jeremy wrote:Awesome track man, :) You truly have a gift. I cant wait to see what else you come up with.

Thanks. That took way longer than it should have. You wouldn't believe the hours just staring at the screen going.... what now? It's not even close to the original concept. There is one spot that if you crash after a certain checkpoint you will get stuck in the supports. That was intentional as a crash would propel you too far ahead on the course. That's in the big backwards loop near the end. I wish you actually respawned at the exact elevation you were when passing the checkpoint. That would help to open up the possible designs.

Did you try it both ways? Backwards is more fun I think, but it's crucial you hit boost or you'll be too slow to the merge.

jeremy
DCR Expert

Postby jeremy » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:32 pm

I did, I like that both way are so equally timed. I see what you mean about getting stuck in the supports. That's one of the first things I tried. Haha, very thoughtful.

danieldorais
DCR moderator

Postby danieldorais » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:10 pm

PeixeWiggles, maybe you could start experimenting with reduced gravity. This would allow for steeper slopes to climb and longer jumps.
Just a thought: would it be possible to have different sections of a track to have different gravity or friction? This would allow for a normal track with an epic low gravity jump at the end!
Also, if the height of checkpoints could be user defined individually, that would fix the problem of respawning farther ahead than desired.

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Postby PeixeWiggles » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:34 pm

danieldorais wrote:PeixeWiggles, maybe you could start experimenting with reduced gravity. This would allow for steeper slopes to climb and longer jumps.

I played with low gravity early on. There may be a happy medium to experiment with, but really low gravity is hard to work with to create something elaborate. I think it's much of the same reason I've avoided snow levels with reduced friction. Maybe another creative soul will come along after release.

danieldorais wrote:Just a thought: would it be possible to have different sections of a track to have different gravity or friction? This would allow for a normal track with an epic low gravity jump at the end!

Not as things are now. Gravity and friction currently apply to the level as a whole. Although, I'm not sure I'd want to create something like that. Maybe in a timey wimey wibbley wobbley vortex transition kind of a level it would work, but for the most part, it's not something you would generally see in a single level.

danieldorais wrote:Also, if the height of checkpoints could be user defined individually, that would fix the problem of respawning farther ahead than desired.

I'm sure that would require a major programming change. It wouldn't happen before release I'm sure. The latest date Roko0 gave was Jan 5th, so hoping it's released Monday. Something possible for the future maybe. I think my DCR3 wish list is ever growing, but they're all things that would be a major change making DCR into something that does not closely resemble the levels of the main game.

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Postby PeixeWiggles » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:02 am

From the main screen in pic when not logged in....

If you click Multiplayer it prompts to sign in or create an account, if you click level editor, it prompts to sign in or create an account.....

If you click Single Player, it does nothing at all.

SinglePlayerNothing..jpg
SinglePlayerNothing..jpg (59.1 KiB) Viewed 4979 times

RoKo0
DCR Expert

Postby RoKo0 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:35 am

PeixeWiggles wrote:From the main screen in pic when not logged in....

If you click Multiplayer it prompts to sign in or create an account, if you click level editor, it prompts to sign in or create an account.....

If you click Single Player, it does nothing at all.

It is the beta testing version.

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Postby PeixeWiggles » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:25 am

Single player levels are now going to an all black screen when clicking the level and continue. It is not loading the car editor as it normally would.

Return to “BETA TESTERS WANTED”