Dream Car Racing 2 Beta testing

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Re: Dream Car Racing 2 Beta testing

Postby PeixeWiggles » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:27 am

RoKo0 wrote:It is the beta testing version.

That's ok, I'm just going over everything with a fine tooth comb right now.

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Postby PeixeWiggles » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:29 am

PeixeWiggles wrote:Single player levels are now going to an all black screen when clicking the level and continue. It is not loading the car editor as it normally would.

I take that back. It's currently happening under all ways of getting to the car editor. Single player, Multiplayer and the level editor.

RoKo0
DCR Expert

Postby RoKo0 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:46 am

PeixeWiggles wrote:
PeixeWiggles wrote:Single player levels are now going to an all black screen when clicking the level and continue. It is not loading the car editor as it normally would.

I take that back. It's currently happening under all ways of getting to the car editor. Single player, Multiplayer and the level editor.

Could you find and send me the flash coockie files: btdcr2*.sol

For example, Windows 7 chrome location:
"c:\Users\Roman\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\9ZVE29XV\dreamcarracing.com\btdcr2u-f.sol"
"c:\Users\Roman\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\9ZVE29XV\dreamcarracing.com\btdcr2s.sol"
"c:\Users\Roman\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\9ZVE29XV\dreamcarracing.com\btdcr2c.sol"

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Postby PeixeWiggles » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:12 am

RoKo0 wrote:Could you find and send me the flash coockie files: btdcr2*.sol

For example, Windows 7 chrome location:
"c:\Users\Roman\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\9ZVE29XV\dreamcarracing.com\btdcr2u-f.sol"
"c:\Users\Roman\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\9ZVE29XV\dreamcarracing.com\btdcr2s.sol"
"c:\Users\Roman\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\9ZVE29XV\dreamcarracing.com\btdcr2c.sol"

Done. Same path for Firefox except the subdirectory off #SharedObjects is unique, but everything else is the same.

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Postby PeixeWiggles » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:17 am

After pointing me to those files. I moved them and refreshed the page then load progress from server and everything was working again. Hope the files help figure out why it happened.

RoKo0
DCR Expert

Postby RoKo0 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:39 am

PeixeWiggles wrote:

After pointing me to those files. I moved them and refreshed the page then load progress from server and everything was working again. Hope the files help figure out why it happened.

Thank you. I suspect that the version of the game was not the last.
When was the last time you refresh the page on this computer when there was a bug?

RoKo0
DCR Expert

Postby RoKo0 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:06 am

I've just uploaded the latest version (there are no visible changes), check please.

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Postby PeixeWiggles » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:31 am

RoKo0 wrote:Thank you. I suspect that the version of the game was not the last.
When was the last time you refresh the page on this computer when there was a bug?

I can't tell you. I have no idea. For the most part, I haven't left the site on this computer since beta testing started. I normally just refresh the page whenever you post "Game updated" Although sometimes I do notice it doesn't update and I end up closing out of Firefox and opening it again and that usually works.

I suspect it was a series of things I was doing. I was logging in and out multiple times checking various things. The first oddity I noticed was that after logging out it didn't show "Play Demo" as it normally does when not logged in. It showed "Single Player".

This might be a bug actually. I just tried again even after refreshing the page. When you're logged in and then log out it shows the page as if you're logged in.

It does not show Play Demo, Multiplayer (Full Version), Level Editor (Full Version).

Even after refreshing the page it still shows it as if I'm logged in. I double checked on my other computer.....

Going to the page fresh - It shows the Play Demo screen. Loggin in, it changes to Single Player. Logging out it stays as Single Player. Refreshing the page stays as "Single Player". Deleting the SOL files it'll load fresh and show "Play Demo" again.

So logging out may have a problem displaying the appropriate options.

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Postby PeixeWiggles » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:32 am

Here's one I've been trying to figure out how to duplicate, but I think it may just be this laptop's configuration or something because I can't duplicate it on any of 2 other PCs. I figured I'd report it anyway in case anyone else actually runs across this as well....

The problem: Browse car page shows the wrong car when hovering mouse over that car.

How to duplicate on my laptop: Need a fresh window never going to the site in that window. - Load up the web page (Not the original beta test page, but the full index page.) - Immediately Click the "Browse Car" link to go to the browse car page. - Click any car - Move mouse over another car, but not too fast, do it slowly so mouse hovers over the different car.

On my system with firefox, when you hover over the different car, it will show the car of the one you just clicked. Once you move off that car, it will work normally from there on out.

I've tried to duplicate this on two other computers using both firefox and chrome and have not been able to duplicate it on any of the other PCs.

Here's the pics though.

CorrectCarOnHover.jpg
The correct cars as they show on the Browse Car page
CorrectCarOnHover.jpg (31.02 KiB) Viewed 6322 times

WrongCarOnHover.jpg
What happens after clicking the tractor and hovering over the car next to it.
WrongCarOnHover.jpg (33.06 KiB) Viewed 6322 times

danieldorais
DCR moderator

Postby danieldorais » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:01 pm

PeixeWiggles wrote:
The problem: Browse car page shows the wrong car when hovering mouse over that car.

That happens to me all the time. I'm using firefox and windows 7. I actually found a way to duplicate it almost on demand:
bug.gif
bug.gif (210.76 KiB) Viewed 6310 times

bug1.gif
bug1.gif (218.66 KiB) Viewed 6310 times

bug3.gif
bug3.gif (213.21 KiB) Viewed 6310 times

I do it by hovering over a car and quickly scrolling up and down or by being in another tab, clicking back into DCR2 tab, and hovering over a car.

Return to “BETA TESTERS WANTED”