Money making in 2

Discuss everything related to Dream Car Racing
Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Money making in 2

Postby Wulf 359 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:45 am

I know there are a few ways in 1 to make some coin, but I was wondering if there was a decent way here in 2. I know you can re-run races, and that works slowly. However, I do not yet have a working design that can place me in first place more often than not. Anyone have any ideas short of purchasing more coins?

In case it isn't obvious, I am talking about past the task awards.

danieldorais
DCR moderator

Re: Money making in 2

Postby danieldorais » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:25 am

I think the best designs for completing tasks and getting first place are car id 61 (my car), 123 (PeixeWiggles car), and 187 (Jeremy's car) if you can afford.
With id 187,on level 1, mode 1, you can make a script to hold up and press r every 45 seconds and just leave your computer on all night to continuously rack up coins :ugeek: :twisted: :D 8-) :x :P

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:53 am

danieldorais wrote:I think the best designs for completing tasks and getting first place are car id 61 (my car), 123 (PeixeWiggles car), and 187 (Jeremy's car) if you can afford.
With id 187,on level 1, mode 1, you can make a script to hold up and press r every 45 seconds and just leave your computer on all night to continuously rack up coins :ugeek: :twisted: :D 8-) :x :P

I think I saw 61 out there before, and it looks weird on the track, with invisible driver and driver seat. 123 looks just like it without turbines and with visible driver, otherwise the same. And jeremy's, surprise surprise, you need more than half a million just to load the non-upgraded version. Will give the other 2 a shot tho, until I can afford the jeremy special and try that out.

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Postby PeixeWiggles » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:20 am

danieldorais wrote:187 (Jeremy's car) if you can afford.

If you can afford Jeremy's car, I don't think the question would be asked. That's a VERY expensive car. Although, his 4 wheel, 4 engine version of that might be a little more doable. That one is quick and usually beats me on the custom levels. Although I don't think he posted the 4 wheel, 4 engine version of it. He did post the 4 wheel, 2 engine version though that you should be able to recreate the 4 engine version from.

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:44 am

PeixeWiggles wrote:

If you can afford Jeremy's car, I don't think the question would be asked. That's a VERY expensive car. Although, his 4 wheel, 4 engine version of that might be a little more doable. That one is quick and usually beats me on the custom levels. Although I don't think he posted the 4 wheel, 4 engine version of it. He did post the 4 wheel, 2 engine version though that you should be able to recreate the 4 engine version from.

Problem with that is most likely, even the 4e version is still probably ridiculously expensive. I still wish that part of DCR was carried over, where even if you could only afford the driver's seat on a design, you could still see the "technical drawing" version of the vehicle in question, so you could at least have an idea of what you were getting into with the design.

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Postby PeixeWiggles » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:14 am

Wulf 359 wrote:
PeixeWiggles wrote:

Problem with that is most likely, even the 4e version is still probably ridiculously expensive. I still wish that part of DCR was carried over, where even if you could only afford the driver's seat on a design, you could still see the "technical drawing" version of the vehicle in question, so you could at least have an idea of what you were getting into with the design.

How much do you have? His 2e version was around 15000, not fully upgraded. Car ID 170. I'm not sure how much more to add the other 2 engines to it. It's a start.

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:26 am

PeixeWiggles wrote:
Wulf 359 wrote:
PeixeWiggles wrote:If you can afford Jeremy's car, I don't think the question would be asked. That's a VERY expensive car. Although, his 4 wheel, 4 engine version of that might be a little more doable. That one is quick and usually beats me on the custom levels. Although I don't think he posted the 4 wheel, 4 engine version of it. He did post the 4 wheel, 2 engine version though that you should be able to recreate the 4 engine version from.

How much do you have? His 2e version was around 15000, not fully upgraded. Car ID 170. I'm not sure how much more to add the other 2 engines to it. It's a start.

I already logged out of the game, so IDK. Plus, 99.9% of the money I have is tied up in upgrades on whatever car I happen to be racing or working on atm. Will have to check later, as it is well past my bed time.

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:37 pm

At time of this posting, with basic default DCR 2 car on screen, I have just over 58k DCR 2 coins.

Edit: I checked, and I can load car 170. Will take a look at that and play with it some as well. TY Peixe.

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:01 am

PeixeWiggles wrote:

Just checked the math, reset totally so that just the driver pod is there and I have just over 67k at the moment. Jeremy's 187 car still needs me to get almost another 560k. If you can afford Jeremy's car is the huge question.

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Postby PeixeWiggles » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:08 am

Wulf 359 wrote:
PeixeWiggles wrote:

Just checked the math, reset totally so that just the driver pod is there and I have just over 67k at the moment. Jeremy's 187 car still needs me to get almost another 560k. If you can afford Jeremy's car is the huge question.

The 4 engine version of 170 is closer to doable, but will still probably take a bit of saving to fully upgrade it.

Return to “General Discussion”