Stuck/hanging on loading screen

Have you discovered a bug or glitch in Dream Car Racing? Report it here!
Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Stuck/hanging on loading screen

Postby Wulf 359 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:24 pm

When in the car design screen, and loading by ID, loading a car you cannot afford ends up getting the game/screen stuck with the area greyed out and the loading message and twirling frame piece looking icon at the bottom. Before, it used to go back to being able to edit the current car you had before you tried loading another car. The only way out of it that I have found is clicking one of the choices along the top, Play, Browse Car, etc.

danieldorais
DCR moderator

Re: Stuck/hanging on loading screen

Postby danieldorais » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:13 am

Wulf 359 wrote:When in the car design screen, and loading by ID, loading a car you cannot afford ends up getting the game/screen stuck with the area greyed out and the loading message and twirling frame piece looking icon at the bottom. Before, it used to go back to being able to edit the current car you had before you tried loading another car. The only way out of it that I have found is clicking one of the choices along the top, Play, Browse Car, etc.

I wonder if RoKoO is trying to implement the skeleton system for cars you cant afford? Although, if you had more coins, this would not be an issue. :P

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:17 am

danieldorais wrote:
Wulf 359 wrote:When in the car design screen, and loading by ID, loading a car you cannot afford ends up getting the game/screen stuck with the area greyed out and the loading message and twirling frame piece looking icon at the bottom. Before, it used to go back to being able to edit the current car you had before you tried loading another car. The only way out of it that I have found is clicking one of the choices along the top, Play, Browse Car, etc.

I wonder if RoKoO is trying to implement the skeleton system for cars you cant afford? Although, if you had more coins, this would not be an issue. :P

Work on designs, or work on making money. Oh wait, I am doing both (sort of). Running new graphics on the car and running a race. Just means not repeatedly running the same race over and over. Can't really do that anyway, as each time you run a race, the max award for it drops some.

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Postby PeixeWiggles » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:11 am

Wulf 359 wrote:Work on designs, or work on making money. Oh wait, I am doing both (sort of). Running new graphics on the car and running a race. Just means not repeatedly running the same race over and over. Can't really do that anyway, as each time you run a race, the max award for it drops some.

Yes, I think that was done to promote racing all the levels and not just ones you can beat over and over. The first beta wasn't like that. I kinda like it though, because the first beta was a max of 100 coin per level. This way, I found, if you do it right, you can run up the max on a single level by not playing that level. Play every other level until the max payout is below baseline (at that time was 100) and then your level you didn't play will reap larger rewards.

I really haven't played them since since I've been concentrating more on user-developed levels, but the same concept should apply.

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:48 am

PeixeWiggles wrote:
Wulf 359 wrote:Work on designs, or work on making money. Oh wait, I am doing both (sort of). Running new graphics on the car and running a race. Just means not repeatedly running the same race over and over. Can't really do that anyway, as each time you run a race, the max award for it drops some.

Yes, I think that was done to promote racing all the levels and not just ones you can beat over and over. The first beta wasn't like that. I kinda like it though, because the first beta was a max of 100 coin per level. This way, I found, if you do it right, you can run up the max on a single level by not playing that level. Play every other level until the max payout is below baseline (at that time was 100) and then your level you didn't play will reap larger rewards.

I really haven't played them since since I've been concentrating more on user-developed levels, but the same concept should apply.

Haven't specifically checked, but I believe both map areas are like that, but separately from each other. As in, if you race on a map on page 1, the coin levels on page 2 are not affected. I could be wrong on this though.

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Postby PeixeWiggles » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:02 am

Wulf 359 wrote:Haven't specifically checked, but I believe both map areas are like that, but separately from each other. As in, if you race on a map on page 1, the coin levels on page 2 are not affected. I could be wrong on this though.

You are correct. It only affects the levels on the current page.

Return to “Bug Reports”