Level Editor - Move start position

Have ideas on how we can improve Dream Car Racing? Share your feedback and suggestions here
PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Level Editor - Move start position

Postby PeixeWiggles » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:36 am

Roko0,

Remember how we changed it so we could increase or decrease the amount of checkpoints? This extends or shortens the end of the track.

Now let's say I create this really elaborate 29 checkpoint level. I don't like how it starts out and just want to move the start position 3 checkpoints further right. We can change the checkpoint amount to the right, but we can't move the start position. (Fewer checkpoints left of the map)

Is this something that is possible to change? I have one I'd like to do that with and to fix it I would have to completely redo the ground and move 500+ platforms. Not really looking forward to doing that. :) LOL

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Re: Level Editor - Move start position

Postby Wulf 359 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:54 pm

I am curious on this Peixe. Is the distance between checkpoints automatic, or can you set the total track length and the individual places for each check point at somewhere the designer picks along that way?

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Postby PeixeWiggles » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:03 am

Wulf 359 wrote:I am curious on this Peixe. Is the distance between checkpoints automatic, or can you set the total track length and the individual places for each check point at somewhere the designer picks along that way?

I've been meaning to write up a tutorial on the level editor, but I just haven't had the time to sit down and do it. As it is right now, all checkpoints are evenly spaced from beginning to end. It defaults to 5 checkpoints, which is really short. You can click "New Level" at the bottom and select between 5, 13, 21 and 29 checkpoints. However, if you hit the number 5 to go into settings mode you have the option of lengthening or shortening the level by holding down "C" then pressing "K" to shorten it or "L" to lengthen it. This option gives you the ability to have any number of checkpoints between 5 and 29. 5 is still the minimum and 29 is still the maximum.

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:38 pm

PeixeWiggles wrote:
Wulf 359 wrote:I am curious on this Peixe. Is the distance between checkpoints automatic, or can you set the total track length and the individual places for each check point at somewhere the designer picks along that way?

I've been meaning to write up a tutorial on the level editor, but I just haven't had the time to sit down and do it. As it is right now, all checkpoints are evenly spaced from beginning to end. It defaults to 5 checkpoints, which is really short. You can click "New Level" at the bottom and select between 5, 13, 21 and 29 checkpoints. However, if you hit the number 5 to go into settings mode you have the option of lengthening or shortening the level by holding down "C" then pressing "K" to shorten it or "L" to lengthen it. This option gives you the ability to have any number of checkpoints between 5 and 29. 5 is still the minimum and 29 is still the maximum.

So currently, you adjust the total length of the track by how many checkpoints are on it? That is automatic placement and spacing then. K

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Postby PeixeWiggles » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:37 am

Wulf 359 wrote:So currently, you adjust the total length of the track by how many checkpoints are on it? That is automatic placement and spacing then. K

Correct. You just change the length.

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:10 am

PeixeWiggles wrote:
Wulf 359 wrote:So currently, you adjust the total length of the track by how many checkpoints are on it? That is automatic placement and spacing then. K

Not sure if RoKo0 built the map editor as well or just tweaked on something available, but it would be cool being able to put waypoints at specific places.

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Postby PeixeWiggles » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:32 pm

Wulf 359 wrote:
PeixeWiggles wrote:

Not sure if RoKo0 built the map editor as well or just tweaked on something available, but it would be cool being able to put waypoints at specific places.

It's already been asked for. Not specifically the location left to right, but the elevation of the checkpoint would help greatly in creating levels where you will at least start at the same elevation in which you crashed.

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”