Skins idea carried further

Have ideas on how we can improve Dream Car Racing? Share your feedback and suggestions here
Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Skins idea carried further

Postby Wulf 359 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:32 pm

Was wondering if the skin idea could be carried a little further. Other than the engine bar, only thing that can be done is change the color of the bar. It would also be cool if we could re-skin the engine and/or the bar itself.

Also, being able to color the junction dots would be cool to be able to do as well.

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Re: Skins idea carried further

Postby PeixeWiggles » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:53 am

Wulf 359 wrote:Was wondering if the skin idea could be carried a little further. Other than the engine bar, only thing that can be done is change the color of the bar. It would also be cool if we could re-skin the engine and/or the bar itself.

Also, being able to color the junction dots would be cool to be able to do as well.

There is an issue with doing skins for parts that have additional animation to them. The engine and turbines have the boost blast and the wings have the little squiggly lines showing they are in effect. Would love to have custom skins for all parts, but until Roko0 can work out a way to have the animations along with custom skins, then we're stuck with it as it is.

That was covered during the beta testing phase.

Hamster1979
Average DCR member

Postby Hamster1979 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:16 am

I had mentioned before about adding a part for a muffler tip so you could move the exhaust port blasts to where you want it to be and or use more of them. Just imagine it as a angle adjustable dot or such.

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Postby PeixeWiggles » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:20 am

Hamster1979 wrote:I had mentioned before about adding a part for a muffler tip so you could move the exhaust port blasts to where you want it to be and or use more of them. Just imagine it as a angle adjustable dot or such.

I know, I made suggestions as well to get it done. Just not something that has happened...................yet. At least I'm hoping anyway.

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:44 pm

Another skins idea, although in a different direction than the one started by my first post of this thread.

What about being able to flag all of a design for a driver skin set, so that on the drop down menu, you could add it to the selected list? Like how RoKo0 has it for the default and unlocked cars sets is how I mean. Like me being able (and others if they choose to) to select my Blue Man character all at once, or the Darth Vader character, and so on.

If this is already possible and I just haven't found out how to do it yet, it would be greatly appreciated if someone could explain how to be able to do this.

(Edit: corrected spelling of Dart Vader)
Last edited by Wulf 359 on Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Postby PeixeWiggles » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:39 pm

Wulf 359 wrote:Another skins idea, although in a different direction than the one started by my first post of this thread.

What about being able to flag all of a design for a driver skin set, so that on the drop down menu, you could add it to the selected list? Like how RoKo0 has it for the default and unlocked cars sets is how I mean. Like me being able (and others if they choose to) to select my Blue Man character all at once, or the Dart Vader character, and so on.

If this is already possible and I just haven't found out how to do it yet, it would be greatly appreciated if someone could explain how to be able to do this.

No, it's not possible, but it's a good idea. Even if it's just for your own skins and not globally for everyone, it will help to quickly change characters. Wish I would have thought about that pre-release, but I didn't get to doing custom characters until the last few days before release.

If Roko0 sees this. I'll 2nd this suggestion.

To be able to save a custom character to show in the dropdowns without having to reload each body part individually.

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:38 pm

PeixeWiggles wrote:
Wulf 359 wrote:Another skins idea, although in a different direction than the one started by my first post of this thread.

What about being able to flag all of a design for a driver skin set, so that on the drop down menu, you could add it to the selected list? Like how RoKo0 has it for the default and unlocked cars sets is how I mean. Like me being able (and others if they choose to) to select my Blue Man character all at once, or the Dart Vader character, and so on.

No, it's not possible, but it's a good idea. Even if it's just for your own skins and not globally for everyone, it will help to quickly change characters. Wish I would have thought about that pre-release, but I didn't get to doing custom characters until the last few days before release.

If Roko0 sees this. I'll 2nd this suggestion.

To be able to save a custom character to show in the dropdowns without having to reload each body part individually.

You can second it now, even if he doesn't see it. And have it work like your local skins collection is just yours unless you upload it kind of thing would be fine for me. Also, and I know this has already been offered up as a suggestion, even by me possibly, but being able to global change either frame pieces or wheels, and the junction dots down the road if that becomes possible.

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”