Car similarities:

Have ideas on how we can improve Dream Car Racing? Share your feedback and suggestions here
Hamster1979
Average DCR member

Car similarities:

Postby Hamster1979 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:00 pm

I remember from DCR1 that there was once an issue with people posting super similar cars and complaining they didn't get credit for it. Is there a way to compare cars and say give a percentage rating is similar to 0 to 100% with a published date and car number? This would also open up browse similar cars ie if you have say an issue with bounce in a design someone else might have already worked it out via settings.

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Re: Car similarities:

Postby PeixeWiggles » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:11 am

I think a similar car viewing option would be great. Especially as more and more pages of cars are published. Often, the really good ones get mixed into the crowd. Maybe once Roko0 is done with DCR Evo he will address more of the feedback suggestions.

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:58 am

I think that is sort of addressed here, as if someone copies and posts the same car, the original creator is given credit. However, as with the rating system, if any of the car is modified, then that would most likely lose that capability, as well as the ability to rate the car.

danieldorais
DCR moderator

Postby danieldorais » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:03 pm

Wulf 359 wrote:I think that is sort of addressed here, as if someone copies and posts the same car, the original creator is given credit. However, as with the rating system, if any of the car is modified, then that would most likely lose that capability, as well as the ability to rate the car.

Unlike the rating system, the original creator tag stays until you clear or change the design, just moving or deleting parts will not get rid of it as with the rating system.

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Postby PeixeWiggles » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:55 pm

Also, the original creator tag can be bypassed by saving the car to the local hard drive, then loading it again. I noticed that when I did the Daniel and Jeremy cars. Jeremy's car kept the original creator, but I loaded his from Browse Car. Daniel's car was saved locally first, did some other things, came back and loaded it from the hard drive, edited then published and it didn't have the original creator tag.

Hamster1979
Average DCR member

Postby Hamster1979 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:53 pm

You guys are getting stuck on the tags. The tags are great for somethings but it's not going to say your car is 99% the same as ID# and give you a report on the ID's.

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:33 pm

Hamster1979 wrote:You guys are getting stuck on the tags. The tags are great for somethings but it's not going to say your car is 99% the same as ID# and give you a report on the ID's.

We are "getting stuck on the tags" because currently this is the only thing in game that addresses your original point of car similarities.

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”