A word on ratings

Discuss everything related to Dream Car Racing
jeremy
DCR Expert

A word on ratings

Postby jeremy » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:08 pm

I've played this game awhile now and have published over 180 cars.I like trying other peoples designs and sharing my own. however, I've noticed that great cars get rated poorly, and lackluster ones get rated high. I feel that anonymity is the reason, and maybe DCR2 will fix it.
To combat this, I've recently decide to race and rate every single build that gets published. I rate for performance, aesthetics, and originality. Ill try to keep an open mind and be unbiased. I understand that not everyone has a bunch of coins. If I see that a car is unfairly rated low I will add a star to my own rating if possible. I test the cars on Highland unless otherwise prompted. Good luck everyone, In the words of PeixeWiggles,
"Don't hate, build and create," 8-)

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Re: A word on ratings

Postby PeixeWiggles » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:42 am

jeremy wrote:I've played this game awhile now and have published over 180 cars.I like trying other peoples designs and sharing my own. however, I've noticed that great cars get rated poorly, and lackluster ones get rated high. I feel that anonymity is the reason, and maybe DCR2 will fix it.
To combat this, I've recently decide to race and rate every single build that gets published. I rate for performance, aesthetics, and originality. Ill try to keep an open mind and be unbiased. I understand that not everyone has a bunch of coins. If I see that a car is unfairly rated low I will add a star to my own rating if possible. I test the cars on Highland unless otherwise prompted. Good luck everyone, In the words of PeixeWiggles,
"Don't hate, build and create," 8-)

Haha. :) I've kind of been doing the same thing, only I've been rating using Highway if it has wings. I figure wing'd cars should be able to complete highway. If not wing'd I use Dawn.

Unless, of course, it's obvious the wings are intended as decoration only, then I look at the quality of the build, which is all seemingly way better than anything I can build.

However, if it's a car that doesn't run/move.... in other words, it's actually undriveable, then I ignore it and don't rate it.

Takemi
VIP DCR member

Postby Takemi » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:54 am

1. - I don't have as much money as most people, resulting in a great car not being able to be driven. There should be a cap on published cars for money, 5mill at most.
2. -
I figure wing'd cars should be able to complete highway.
winged*

danieldorais
DCR moderator

Postby danieldorais » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:57 pm

Takemi wrote:There should be a cap on published cars for money, 5mill at most.

I disagree.

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:46 am

danieldorais wrote:
Takemi wrote:There should be a cap on published cars for money, 5mill at most.

I disagree.

I agree with your disagree. Although, at least in DCR you can see the wireframe outline of the car even if it doesn't load. In DCR 2, you don't even get that.

Return to “General Discussion”