Need suggestions!!

Discuss everything related to Dream Car Racing
kimmaz
New DCR Member

Need suggestions!!

Postby kimmaz » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:28 pm

Hello there! I've just played this game for about 2 days now and I will say its very addictive!! I baught it just straight away, as it wasn't much of a gamble (like its 3$ gone if i find out i didn't like it).

Anyways,
I have seen on the leaderboards the max distance is about 3000m, and I have yet to manage that on any track so I decided I could try on the forums to get some help! Is it just my bad skills at driving or does vehicle design matter? ^^

Here are my "history of vehicle designs":

kmrs4pro
Average DCR member

Re: Need suggestions!!

Postby kmrs4pro » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:39 am

Hello Welcome to the game. For the most part we are all here to help and have fun :D . A few players you can copy to get some great ideas for cars (Jeremy, rustr, myself and many more). Jeremy wrote a great starting guide (below to get people going). You have the right idea with wide vehicles and suspension support. The best and fastest way I beat all the levels was to make a simple glider (See link). It's easy and fast. This is a really addicting and fun game, so have fun! And always just ask for help if you need it! :D

http://dreamcarracing.com/?carid=210165

Jeremy wrote:
Firstly, I want to point out. This is what normally works for me. But there are plenty of great cars that do not do this.

Use the grid in the background to keep the frame straight and spaced evenly.
symmetrical cars tend to get higher ratings.

You want to keep your car as light and as rigid as possible.
Use as few fame parts as possible.
Acute triangles give best results.
With bigger cars, sometimes you have to make extra connections to keep the frame from collapsing

If you hear a taping noise while going over bumps, then your frame is hitting the ground. This causes a loss of momentum.
Use higher tire pressure and a harder suspension to combat this.
Reducing the shock travel will help as well.
Keep in mind though; if your suspension is too stiff, the car will become bouncy causing a loss of traction.
A good way to trouble shoot this, is by using boost at 500m on Dawn. If your car bottoms out at the apex of the dip, make the suspension stiffer.

Set up your engines for top speed, this will maximize the efficiency of the boost.
I try to use one engine per wheel, two level 8 engines work better than one level 16 engine.
If you use your engine to connect the tires to the frame, it will also make your car more bouncy.

Wings work best at the rear and center of the car. Having wings in front of the center of gravity will make the car harder to control at high speeds

Try to keep the wheels at the furthest most edge of the car (just past the bumpers). This helps keep the car from flipping over while landing on its nose. It also helps to keep the frame from breaking.

Use your imagination

Lastly, don't worry about ratings. Sometimes people are assholes. Don't let them ruin the game for you, just have fun.

I hope this helps ;)

kimmaz
New DCR Member

Postby kimmaz » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:39 am

Thx for reply!! Really good explanation of stuff!

I did make these before I saw your post, but ill share my evolution... I tried out some of those wings just for the lolz and look what happened ^^ I've beaten a few maps on 3000m now, with a lot of practice. I found that I needed down-force on the highway, so i changed the wing direction a few degrees, so they help when climbing the last hill.

This is my favorite: http://dreamcarracing.com/index.html?carid=223149

This was another try at flying: http://dreamcarracing.com/index.html?carid=223147

kmrs4pro
Average DCR member

Postby kmrs4pro » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:47 am

Well done. Your on the right track! Keep it up!

danieldorais
DCR moderator

Postby danieldorais » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:53 pm

The fastest cars usually have 2 wheels and 2 engines. Try to design a car like that.
Or, just use the skimmer :lol:

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:49 am

223147 is similar in concept to the skimmer that daniel is talking about (jeremy's design originally I believe), but I have used that and noticed something. While in the air, you need to make sure you are at least level or pointed a little down in the front. It can "float" backwards some if you lean back.

Return to “General Discussion”