New Game Music

Discuss everything related to Dream Car Racing Evo
Xgage1
New DCR Member

New Game Music

Postby Xgage1 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:07 am

I am an electronic music producer and I think I could whip up something pretty cool for the soundtrack of DCR 3D, possibly EVO, or if there's going to be a new DCR.

But my question is; How do you guys feel about electronic music for the soundtrack?

If you're wondering if I'm any good, gauge for yourself at my soundcloud :D https://soundcloud.com/arkon-music
Curiosity killed the stupid cat,
But saved the smarter.

danieldorais
DCR moderator

Re: New Game Music

Postby danieldorais » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:47 am

Predestination would work for a treacherous track,the music has a spooky yet adventurous vibe, reminds me of black ops zombies music.
Metallica tribute sounds like race music around 1.10
I'm not sure about lumnsecent, at least until around 1.46.
Harbinger would make a great ringtone around 1.08. The beginning until .28 could be looped for good main menu music
$K3P$!S sounds like outerspace/ aliens.
Overall, you make great music,especially for 15.
I think electronic music would be the way to go for the next dcr. None of the previous dcrs music has had words, and I think that if all the tracks had different music it would make the game less repetitive.
JM2C

kmrs4pro
Average DCR member

Postby kmrs4pro » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:57 am

Your on to something. I would ask to have a custom track made for the new game and get some cash for it. I used to make music back in the day but the tech is way better now to create decent stuff. My CD was Paradox Life: United We Fall. LOL I was 18.

I unmuted the music for EVO and it is still terrible haahaha

Dar37
Average DCR member

Postby Dar37 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:47 am

All tracks are cool I liked Harbinger most, hope RoKo0 consider it. Would be great if you make any speedier tracks as well. By the way nice dragon you made ★5 (:

kmrs4pro wrote:I unmuted the music for EVO and it is still terrible haahaha
lmao

tfaith08
Average DCR member

Postby tfaith08 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:48 pm

I'm for it!

Some cool stuff you have there. I'm about to get back into composition in a few months after my rut-induced hiatus.
OP was drunk. All is forgiven.

Xgage1
New DCR Member

Postby Xgage1 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:17 am

Wow thanks for all the great feedback guys :D ! When I make my music, I just let the melodies and sounds flow. But I could definitely create some loops with the game in mind and the result would probably be better suited. I'll make a few loops and post them on souncloud. Thanks again for the wonderful feedback :D :D
But saved the smarter.

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:12 am

TBH, not a huge fan of electronic music, generally speaking. I know it might be messed up but the only songs like that I ever got into I kind of had other influences on. The theme song from the Mortal Kombat movie, and another song that BMG helped out on by Tiesto, I think the song title is No More Heroes. I think I only like them because I like something I associate with them. Listened to the tracks, well some of them anyway, and while they might not be my favorite style of music, gotta say they sound like you got some skills doing that.

Xgage1
New DCR Member

Postby Xgage1 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:22 am

2 new tracks on soundcloud, "Transcendence" seems particularly well suited for game music
But saved the smarter.

Return to “General Discussion”