Level Editor Suggestion All Versions

Have ideas on how we can improve Dream Car Racing? Share your feedback and suggestions here
2sound
Average DCR member

Level Editor Suggestion All Versions

Postby 2sound » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:09 pm

It would help a great deal if there could be some sort of scale/measure provided in the editor.

Perhaps something based on basic car measures, like one max wheel diameter etc.

As it is now, it takes constant switching back and forth between the editor and the play screen to tell if something is the right size, lenght, etc.

Anyway, thanks for continuing to make this game something really cool!

tfaith08
Average DCR member

Re: Level Editor Suggestion All Versions

Postby tfaith08 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:43 pm

I agree with this. I lose the inclination to create a track after a good 15-20 minutes.
OP was drunk. All is forgiven.

danieldorais
DCR moderator

Postby danieldorais » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:32 pm

The rectangles in the editor were intended to be guides:
screen.gif
screen.gif (19.07 KiB) Viewed 4480 times

But I agree, I think the car you have to make just before the level editor should appear in the editor to compare exact distances.

2sound
Average DCR member

Postby 2sound » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:46 pm

The rectangle are a help, but still very hard to judge the scale with them.

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:34 pm

I made a worm car in Evo with full length upgrade on all possible parts and stretched out as far as they could go, and while nowhere near the length of my worm car in 1, the game didn't let me race it. Said there were game restrictions.

danieldorais
DCR moderator

Postby danieldorais » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:10 pm

Wulf 359 wrote:I made a worm car in Evo with full length upgrade on all possible parts and stretched out as far as they could go, and while nowhere near the length of my worm car in 1, the game didn't let me race it. Said there were game restrictions.

In none of the DCRs can you have a really long car. The only way to get around this is to build vertically (or rotate to be vertical).

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Sat May 02, 2015 2:07 am

danieldorais wrote:
Wulf 359 wrote:I made a worm car in Evo with full length upgrade on all possible parts and stretched out as far as they could go, and while nowhere near the length of my worm car in 1, the game didn't let me race it. Said there were game restrictions.

In none of the DCRs can you have a really long car. The only way to get around this is to build vertically (or rotate to be vertical).

DCR 1 - http://dreamcarracing.com/index.html?carid=250938 (basic worm car starter design, base level parts)

I don't have any worm car design in DCR 2 yet, as the tracks do not really work well with it, but might do one later.

Evo - http://dreamcarracing.com/dcr3-index.html?carid=16329 based on the design from 1

The original concept from 1 was based on another car design called slow and steady I think. Took the idea and ran my own direction with it.

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”