Please a Video on What Point Settings Do!

Have ideas on how we can improve Dream Car Racing? Share your feedback and suggestions here
2sound
Average DCR member

Please a Video on What Point Settings Do!

Postby 2sound » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:37 pm

This game just gets better and better, but what are these new point settings, how do you use them, and for what?

Also will/do these show up in the level restrictions options?

Thanks

2sound

jeremy
DCR Expert

Re: Please a Video on What Point Settings Do!

Postby jeremy » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:53 pm

The only parts of a car that interact with the terrain on maps are the wheels and the point where things connect. With point settings you can change the connection points friction making them slide across or grip the terrain. you can also allow them to go through the terrain by unchecking the collision box. Point setting dont work on the seat, making it so you cant fall (or fly) through the map.

Kohlenstoff
Average DCR member

Postby Kohlenstoff » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:07 pm

Point settings allow crazy things. The most game breaking part is the possibility of negative suspension. The "car" (seat and wheels) remains stable, while the weighting parts suspend into the earth. This is one example of negative suspension: http://dreamcarracing.com/dcr3-index.html?carid=28520 Despite the fact, that this is just my first prototype of a negative suspension car, it has already a superior stability on most grounds and drives quite unnatural.

jeremy
DCR Expert

Postby jeremy » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:41 am

danieldorais
DCR moderator

Postby danieldorais » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:25 am

I too love the negative suspension idea, cant wait to see the best design! (is it really a contest when Jeremy's playing?!? :lol: )

jeremy
DCR Expert

Postby jeremy » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:41 am

Thanks man :) but idk, I've been seeing some really good cars from othe people lately.

Kohlenstoff
Average DCR member

Postby Kohlenstoff » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:37 am

This one is definitly my best: http://dreamcarracing.com/dcr3-index.html?carid=28757 (and this is a even faster modification with one more wheel + engine: http://dreamcarracing.com/dcr3-index.html?carid=28980 )

It is really great on almost everything and also extremely fast. The screenshot shows one of the most important functionality. It can decrease it's physical interacting size to a minimum (not much more, than the seat with the driver) and the center of weight is then below the physical interacting part of the car. This is great for driving fast in small angles or climbing objects with high speed.

The long way of suspension allows also to maintain speed on way more rough and jumpy terrain without having the disadvantages of a high center of mass. The low center of mass causes due the momentum also some instability, but this momentum can actually be used to build up and maintain high speed in small curves and even while falling or crashing on ground and it increase the jump distance when the car jumps from curved ramps. It can even jump out of the sandbox from the ramp infront of the main jumping hole.
Attachments
negative susp.JPG
negative susp.JPG (27.13 KiB) Viewed 4879 times

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Sat May 02, 2015 2:17 am

jeremy wrote:Thanks man :) but idk, I've been seeing some really good cars from othe people lately.

And they are probably affordable too.

Dar37
Average DCR member

Postby Dar37 » Sun May 10, 2015 9:46 am

Edit: I tried to make negative suspension car as well but wait, that thing is rather more unreal/weird than flying cars. Cars technically can fly in real but how about "no collision" thing. I mean, in races, if you say "flying" is cheat, those negative suspension is cheat too.

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”