Suggestion of new type of Race

Have ideas on how we can improve Dream Car Racing? Share your feedback and suggestions here
Kohlenstoff
Average DCR member
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:04 am

Suggestion of new type of Race

Postby Kohlenstoff » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:27 am

I suggest to add an save fuel race with changed rules.

1. Fuel is only consumed, when the engine is actually in use.

2. Turbo does also consume (less but still consumes) fuel.

3. No refill on track.

4. Hills and other obstacles with increasing height and difficulty, as already given on "random" tracks.

The aim of this race is to get as far as possible with one tank of fuel. This would add much more fun content in this game.

User avatar
danieldorais
DCR moderator
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 12:55 am

Re: Suggestion of new type of Race

Postby danieldorais » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:00 pm

Kohlenstoff wrote:I suggest to add an save fuel race with changed rules.

1. Fuel is only consumed, when the engine is actually in use.

2. Turbo does also consume (less but still consumes) fuel.

3. No refill on track.

4. Hills and other obstacles with increasing height and difficulty, as already given on "random" tracks.

The aim of this race is to get as far as possible with one tank of fuel. This would add much more fun content in this game.

The first two things should be in the game. You could make a level with no fuel, though.
Image

Kohlenstoff
Average DCR member
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:04 am

Re: Suggestion of new type of Race

Postby Kohlenstoff » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:47 pm

The first two things are currently not possible. The car consumes during driving the same amount of fuel a it does during standing or flying. So a no fuel level is not too exciting. I suggested to let the car consume fuel depending on actual use.

I can make a level without fuel but the challenge is not the same as it would be with my suggested changes. When fuel consumption doesnt change depending on use of engine, the faster car gets mostly the best distance. When fuel consumption depends on actual use, cars with better accelleration and effectivity (less speed loss on the respective terrain) get higher distances than cars which are just fast.

Wulf 359
DCR Expert
Posts: 544
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:52 pm

Re: Suggestion of new type of Race

Postby Wulf 359 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:32 am

Not sure where on this forum, but the "only use fuel when active" topic has been brought up already. And I had remarked that even idling an engine still uses fuel, just not as much as when it is powering a vehicle down the road.

User avatar
danieldorais
DCR moderator
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 12:55 am

Re: Suggestion of new type of Race

Postby danieldorais » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:46 am

Wulf 359 wrote:Not sure where on this forum, but the "only use fuel when active" topic has been brought up already. And I had remarked that even idling an engine still uses fuel, just not as much as when it is powering a vehicle down the road.

That was nice of you to find it for us.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=47&p=1953&hilit=idling+engine#p1953
Image

Wulf 359
DCR Expert
Posts: 544
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:52 pm

Re: Suggestion of new type of Race

Postby Wulf 359 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:52 am

danieldorais wrote:
Wulf 359 wrote:Not sure where on this forum, but the "only use fuel when active" topic has been brought up already. And I had remarked that even idling an engine still uses fuel, just not as much as when it is powering a vehicle down the road.

That was nice of you to find it for us.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=47&p=1953&hilit=idling+engine#p1953

Wasn't it though? (tbh, been spending a lot of time on another forum lately, and getting kind of sick and tired looking through the rest of it to point ppl in the right direction sometimes.)


Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest