Re-posting Vehicles

Have ideas on how we can improve Dream Car Racing? Share your feedback and suggestions here
tyal34345
New DCR Member

Re-posting Vehicles

Postby tyal34345 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:22 pm

You shouldn't be able to re-post other peoples vehicles because then you see the same thing over and over again. Also When people use the same vehicle for multiple posts. I see all the time people will just move the suspension or make one or two subtle changes and post it as a new vehicle with a different name.

danieldorais
DCR moderator

Re: Re-posting Vehicles

Postby danieldorais » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:14 am

tyal34345 wrote:You shouldn't be able to re-post other peoples vehicles because then you see the same thing over and over again. Also When people use the same vehicle for multiple posts. I see all the time people will just move the suspension or make one or two subtle changes and post it as a new vehicle with a different name.

I have to disagree. Often, the best change someone can make is moving the suspension or subtle changes to the spring hardness or other adjustables. I think the benefits of editing and reposting other people's cars far outweigh the problem of a few duplicated cars. Also, it should be noted that many duplicates are posted by the original creator modifying their own design, not other people reposting.

tyal34345
New DCR Member

Postby tyal34345 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:17 am

tyal34345 wrote:You shouldn't be able to re-post other peoples vehicles because then you see the same thing over and over again. Also When people use the same vehicle for multiple posts. I see all the time people will just move the suspension or make one or two subtle changes and post it as a new vehicle with a different name.

Several times I see one version of a car and then they will be lazy and just stretch the suspension downward and call it a truck.

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:10 pm

Reposting the same exact car is sometimes useful, for me at least, because lost track of the original version, so I repost what I think is a good one. And as far as making changes, technically it IS then a different car, and the changes are what make the others different than the first (or second or third or whatever).

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”