copying

Have ideas on how we can improve Dream Car Racing? Share your feedback and suggestions here

Dream car racing should block people from copying cars

yes
22%
no
78%

Total votes: 9

Eliot Driessen
Average DCR member

copying

Postby Eliot Driessen » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:46 pm

I find people copying my cars and my ideas. Takemi copied my new BEAST 2 and renamed it to be his/her's :( ! Dream Car Racing should block this from happening. If you find people doing this, please reply.

jeremy
DCR Expert

Re: copying

Postby jeremy » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:55 pm

At first, this bothered me. But over time i got used to it. If the car is good enough, people will remember its original creator. I choose to be happy that someone liked my design. Keep in mind that cars will be remade often due to game limitations.

Eliot Driessen
Average DCR member

Postby Eliot Driessen » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:25 pm

It would still fells like people copy my ideas, not only that car.

Just trying to have my cars copyrighted.

Takemi
VIP DCR member

Postby Takemi » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:54 pm

@Eliot I'm really sorry I copied your car. I had a similar design and got confused. :(

jon_joy_1999
New DCR Member

Postby jon_joy_1999 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:29 pm

I don't know if blocking a copy is the most ideal system, because it won't stop someone from copying your design in other ways, and it constrains progression of concepts.
I propose adding a "Created by" tag to cars. The first time a car is saved the CreatorID and OriginalCarID is saved with the car, and would be displayed next to the author information as "Created by: Creator", optionally with a link to the original car.
The Created by tag is immutable. If Player A creates car A, and then Player B copies it to car A.b, and then player C copies car A.b to A.c, A.c will still display Player A and car A as the original.
Finally, when a Creator loads a car that is listed as created by them, they have an option of removing the CreatorID and OriginalCarID information, so copied cars will no longer be associated with them.

jeremy
DCR Expert

Postby jeremy » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:29 pm

^I like this^

Eliot Driessen
Average DCR member

Postby Eliot Driessen » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:04 pm

Takemi wrote:@Eliot I'm really sorry I copied your car. I had a similar design and got confused. :(

it's ok. I just used you as an example.

Flash77
New DCR Member

Postby Flash77 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:27 pm

I have copied some people... but I usually put a shout-out to the original creator in my description, like my "Herbie the Love Bug"

I would be honored if someone decided to copy one of my concepts :mrgreen:

jeremy
DCR Expert

Postby jeremy » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:29 am

Is anybody upset about my cars lately? I am giving credit to the originals. I really hope the creators like them.

danieldorais
DCR moderator

Postby danieldorais » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:04 am

jeremy wrote:Is anybody upset about my cars lately? I am giving credit to the originals. I really hope the creators like them.

No, you still make the best cars. You just need to rob fort knox to afford them :)

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”