on a more serious note

Have ideas on how we can improve Dream Car Racing? Share your feedback and suggestions here
mattgrovesdc
Average DCR member

on a more serious note

Postby mattgrovesdc » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:11 pm

I think it would be cool to have a map that REQUIRES propellers to be attached to your car... like a map that has multiple levels that go back and forth and you may have to fly up to the next level like a helicopter while avoiding some obstacles.

some other tools would be nice to add to the cars to make them able to battle against robots or even perform tasks to move to the next part of the map... like:

scissors (for cutting through a barricade)
grenades (for moving some rocks outta the way)
hydraulics (to make your car more awesome)
hotdogs (for feeding trolls who hate propellers)

Eliot Driessen
Average DCR member

Re: on a more serious note

Postby Eliot Driessen » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:26 pm

I don't want a track that REQUIRES props. Besides... All of this stuff is unnecessary (Grenades!!!! Blow rook out of the way!!! There would be no hills or land!!!)

mattgrovesdc
Average DCR member

Postby mattgrovesdc » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:06 pm

i'm not talking about some super magical grenade that moves mountains... i'm talking about one that would blast some small moveable obstacles out of the way. have you ever played fantastic contraption? get back to me after you try out that masterpiece. i'm just brainstorming ideas based off of my experience with other contraption building games like that and incredibots. Rokoo could make super difficult, awesome maps, and give the option of different tools that could be used to get further and further down the track... he could even create maps that only allow certain things to be used. dude, you're just limiting the potential of the game by being so narrow minded. if you don't want to use props, just DONT F#$^ING USE THEM!

simple as that!

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:28 pm

There is a point where adding something to a game takes away from the basic idea of the game, and propellers and that other stuff would do that here. It would be perfectly fine to do something like that in a take off (pun not intended, sorry) of this game, but adding them would take away from this game.

danieldorais
DCR moderator

Postby danieldorais » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:26 am

mattgrovesdc wrote:hotdogs (for feeding trolls who hate propellers)

:lol:

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:38 am

mattgrovesdc wrote:I think it would be cool to have a map that REQUIRES propellers to be attached to your car... like a map that has multiple levels that go back and forth and you may have to fly up to the next level like a helicopter while avoiding some obstacles.

some other tools would be nice to add to the cars to make them able to battle against robots or even perform tasks to move to the next part of the map... like:

scissors (for cutting through a barricade)
grenades (for moving some rocks outta the way)
hydraulics (to make your car more awesome)
hotdogs (for feeding trolls who hate propellers)

all of the above = DRR (Dream Robot Racing (among other things))

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”