Wish List for Dream Car Racing 2

Have ideas on how we can improve Dream Car Racing? Share your feedback and suggestions here
jamdis
New DCR Member

Wish List for Dream Car Racing 2

Postby jamdis » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:12 pm

It seems from this thread that there will be no more major updates to DCR until version 2. I'm sure RoKo0 is working hard on it and I'm really looking forward to what he comes up with. Since he does read this forum, I thought I'd summarize what I'd like to see in DCR 2.

More varied track design
Things like the tight squeeze in the beginning of Highlands are great because they force you to build your car differently. Unfortunately, the rest of the tracks seem to be variations on the theme "different sized bumps and hills." I want to see tracks that challenge my engineering abilities, nut just encourage me to go faster. What about a track with a sheer-walled stairway or one with so many crevasses that you have to build a trawler-type design? Maybe a track that actually forces you to use wings?

Make me actually collect power-ups
Right now I don't actually have to touch the icon of a given power-up to collect it. That makes sense in that it's a racing game, and nothing should discourage me from going as fast as I can go without crashing. However, if I actually had to collect power-ups, I might have some incentive to do the jumps and loops in tracks like Dawn. If there were different power-ups available depending on whether I made a road-hugging car or a gliding car, it would make the track more interesting and improve replay-ability.

Linear actuators
This runs the risk of making DCR more like games such as incredibots etc. and therefore less of a racing game, but I think it would be cool to have linear actuators that push/pull instead of turn. This would allow for a lot more creativity in car design and some really wild stuff like jumping cars, hydraulics, even walking cars. Come to think of it, you could do a lot of this just by allowing us to connect parts to the rim of a wheel.

More variation in upgrades
Right now, upgrades are purely linear. The level 2 engine is undoubtedly superior to the level 1 engine, and so on up the line to 16. This makes the game kinda boring once you have enough credits to max out everything. I'd like to see upgrades be a more strategic choice, at least near the top of the scale. What if I had to choose between an engine with the best acceleration vs. one with better boost? etc.

Comments on cars
It would be nice if I could receive comments on the cars that I make instead of having to guess why someone gave it the star rating they did. This would give me a lot more incentive to publish them. Comments could ruin the family friendliness of the site, but I think the penis-shaped cars already did that.

Special abilites
It would be cool if i could replace "boost" with other special abilities such as the linear actuators mentioned above or perhaps the propellers everyone keeps yapping about. They would still use the limited availability of the "boost" meter which could keep these ideas from ruining the racing element at the core of the game.

multi-select
In the editor, it would be nice to have the ability select multiple parts and duplicate / move them together. Right now it's a real pain in the butt to make complex designs because everything has to be moved one piece at a time.

Things I don't want to see!
In-game purchases. That's all actually. This would ruin it for me.

Those are my thoughts for now. Other players should respond with their own lists or tell me why ideas will make the game horrible :) Whatever RoKo0 comes up with, I'm sure it'll be great.

mattgrovesdc
Average DCR member

Re: Wish List for Dream Car Racing 2

Postby mattgrovesdc » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:58 pm

totally awesome

TryingSomething
New DCR Member

Postby TryingSomething » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:38 pm

I would like to be able to use my cars in version 2 more than anything. I hope everything from version 1 is in version 2 EXCEPT for it not saving money made.

Eliot Driessen
Average DCR member

Postby Eliot Driessen » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:35 pm

sound cool! :mrgreen:

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:20 pm

I want to respond to certain sections here as they come, sorry in advance if this makes the response harder to read.

jamdis wrote:More varied track design
Things like the tight squeeze in the beginning of Highlands are great because they force you to build your car differently. Unfortunately, the rest of the tracks seem to be variations on the theme "different sized bumps and hills." I want to see tracks that challenge my engineering abilities, nut just encourage me to go faster. What about a track with a sheer-walled stairway or one with so many crevasses that you have to build a trawler-type design? Maybe a track that actually forces you to use wings?

I would like to see if there could be a way for users to submit their own track designs. Admittedly, this would take some time away from car design ideas, but I think it would be sort of cool. I also think that if there were a testing area other than having to go into a race area, that this would be helpful. Some basic terrain sections would be good, like stutter bumps and hills that you could adjust the angle and height on. Or even different preset hills that you could select to try out your design on without having to go through an entire race section to get to that area you want to see how your design would work.

jamdis wrote:Make me actually collect power-ups
Right now I don't actually have to touch the icon of a given power-up to collect it. That makes sense in that it's a racing game, and nothing should discourage me from going as fast as I can go without crashing. However, if I actually had to collect power-ups, I might have some incentive to do the jumps and loops in tracks like Dawn. If there were different power-ups available depending on whether I made a road-hugging car or a gliding car, it would make the track more interesting and improve replay-ability.

Yes and no on this one. I think that not actually having to run through the powerup/coin/gas/etc is a good thing because many times the car is bouncing around all over the place, and if your tweak needed a huge amount of more coins, it would take forever to collect them that way, even longer than it already does.

jamdis wrote:More variation in upgrades
Right now, upgrades are purely linear. The level 2 engine is undoubtedly superior to the level 1 engine, and so on up the line to 16. This makes the game kinda boring once you have enough credits to max out everything. I'd like to see upgrades be a more strategic choice, at least near the top of the scale. What if I had to choose between an engine with the best acceleration vs. one with better boost? etc.

I think this could be done with an adjustment to the available sliders now, just add one more for boost.

jamdis wrote:Comments on cars
It would be nice if I could receive comments on the cars that I make instead of having to guess why someone gave it the star rating they did. This would give me a lot more incentive to publish them. Comments could ruin the family friendliness of the site, but I think the penis-shaped cars already did that.

Many forum sites have the ability to auto*beep* certain words. Yes this could be abused, but I think it would be a good idea, so people can see feedback right then and there from other people.

jamdis wrote:Special abilites
It would be cool if i could replace "boost" with other special abilities such as the linear actuators mentioned above or perhaps the propellers everyone keeps yapping about. They would still use the limited availability of the "boost" meter which could keep these ideas from ruining the racing element at the core of the game.

I am not a fan of the propeller idea because of the idea that you said, it takes away from the racing core of the game.

jamdis wrote:multi-select
In the editor, it would be nice to have the ability select multiple parts and duplicate / move them together. Right now it's a real pain in the butt to make complex designs because everything has to be moved one piece at a time.

I have been screaming at the screen in frustration over this. If you want to upgrade all wheels and/or engines on a particularly complex car, you have to sit there and select it, or page through with the "next part" button. Pain in the ass.

Also, I like being able to select the different color frames, but I think being able to select the color for certain parts would be cool. Being able to select the entire frame at once should obviously still be possible. Also, being able to select different design wheels past the auto selected ones based solely on upgrade level of the tires would be a cool feature.

Things I don't want to see! (borrowed the underline heading idea, jamdis)
Propellers, underwater stuff. I think that belongs in another game.

rustr
Average DCR member

Postby rustr » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:05 pm

it would be cool to see more of the track ahead and behind the driver. also to allow for long trailers to be pulled by the vehicle and still show up in the frame. maybe by allowing full screen view of the game and work shop.
also. the frame pieces should have a center locking point like it does at the ends. maybe a couple more locking points spread along the frame piece. to allow for more intricate builds. also have the frame pieces be able to shrink down to half the size of the smallest frame length that is allowed now. as well as the shocks and wing and engine lengths. they need to be allowed to be a bit smaller for smaller cars.
also. the tires should have a setting to change the tire profile independently from the rim diameter.
it would be cool if the frame pieces didn't have to be soo fat in the center when fully extended.
also. a sprocket type gear that can be engine powered and allows you to attach frame, springs and tires to its perimeter to make mechanical devices.
also. it would rock to have a map editor.
also importing other cars, copying and pasting of multiple parts as well group moving of parts.
the ability to change the color of each frame parts independently from each other. and maybe rims and pilot cab.
also if the engines, wings and tires could be overlapped by other parts that would make the appearance of the cars more customizable.

rustr
Average DCR member

Postby rustr » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:22 am

how about a drag racing track?

rustr
Average DCR member

Postby rustr » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:16 pm

i was thinking strut shocks and how cool it could be to use something like it in our cars and vehicles

also a climbing track would rock.

Takemi
VIP DCR member

Postby Takemi » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:07 pm

Hydraulics. 'Nuff said.

rustr
Average DCR member

Postby rustr » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:39 am

hi,
i think some one already suggested this, but, how about if once you have beat all the tracks, we gain the ability to run all the tracks continually as one track, none stop for a 24000 meter track, to see who can finish it and maybe allow us to select the order of the tracks.

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”