Reduce frame cost, or make frames longer.

Have ideas on how we can improve Dream Car Racing? Share your feedback and suggestions here
jeffdamann
New DCR Member

Reduce frame cost, or make frames longer.

Postby jeffdamann » Wed May 07, 2014 11:06 pm

I love to design on this game. I really could care less for the gameplay beyond that. I want to make awesome and fun cars. The built-in designer is feels severely limited.

When designing, to make a large square, I have to use 9 frame pieces(just for a drivers window) I can cut this down by using 2 shock absorbers in place of the frame, but it looks extremely tacky,

Every car I build gets to where the frame pieces are costing me 150k each. I dont have that much money, I dont think I should have to be a billionaire in game currency to design the cars I want.

I see a few potential solutions;

1. Reduce the inflation of prices for Frame Pieces.
(I like this option because curvy builds take a LOT of frame pieces, see my Volkswagon Beetle - http://dreamcarracing.com/?carid=13938 ) As you can see, I wasnt able to complete the build due to the insane frame price, and also had to replace key frame pieces with shock absorbers just to be able to afford it.

2. Make frame pieces able to be twice as big as they are now.

Either of these 2 would allow greater flexibility to players in the designer.

Side note: It would also be nice if you could reduce the minumum size for frames and shocks, it was very hard to make curves on the Beetle using such long frame pieces.

Dragonreaper
New DCR Member

Re: Reduce frame cost, or make frames longer.

Postby Dragonreaper » Thu May 08, 2014 1:26 am

I agree with this. Aside from being able to design things better, there are instances where you are making a car for function over visual. You set a wheel, test the car and notice a problem. You go and fix it, only to spend 50k on a frame because you don't want a random spring sitting there having no use other than to hold the car, and might actually screw things up because it allows the body to much flex. You put the frame piece on and realize that it is either to short, or to long. You don't have enough play with the other pieces already on the car to connect the new frame. So what do you have to do? either adjust half the car just right, or use 2-3 frames total to fix the problem.

It would greatly increase the ability to design a car if the frames could be stretched 50% more, and shorted by 50% of the minimal distance they have now.

danieldorais
DCR moderator

Postby danieldorais » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:34 am

Frames can be upgraded now

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:47 am

danieldorais wrote:Frames can be upgraded now

But there is still a minimum size you can shrink the frame pieces down to. Attach points along more than just the ends of the frame pieces could work well.

danieldorais
DCR moderator

Postby danieldorais » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:40 am

Wulf 359 wrote:Attach points along more than just the ends of the frame pieces could work well.

That's a really good idea!

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:19 am

danieldorais wrote:
Wulf 359 wrote:Attach points along more than just the ends of the frame pieces could work well.

I know, other ppl have suggested it as well. Not an original idea of mine in this case. But I DO have some.

danieldorais
DCR moderator

Postby danieldorais » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:12 pm

Wulf 359 wrote:
danieldorais wrote:

I know, other ppl have suggested it as well. Not an original idea of mine in this case. But I DO have some.

Like... :P

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:24 pm

danieldorais wrote:
Wulf 359 wrote:
danieldorais wrote:That's a really good idea!

Like... :P

Actually, someone else put that in the forum programming already, although it IS a good idea! :P

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”