Damage

Have ideas on how we can improve Dream Car Racing? Share your feedback and suggestions here
Fantagma
New DCR Member

Damage

Postby Fantagma » Fri May 16, 2014 9:11 pm

Suggestion 1: Frame damage - I can currently make the frame take the hit on big jumps, when the suspension bottoms out, with no consequence. You could for example add frame damage visually, and have frame components disconnect or break after a certain amount of damage. Frame pieces could then become upgradable for additional resistance.

Suggestion 2: Driver damage - again, crazy high jump, frame hits ground with massive force but the driver's fine and keeps going. You could "kill" the driver if too many Gs are applied.

bingeling
New DCR Member

Re: Damage

Postby bingeling » Sat May 17, 2014 8:17 am

If the car and drive were to take damage from big jumps, the game would have to be redesigned completely. It is very hard to avoid big jumps even if you try to.

Fantagma
New DCR Member

Postby Fantagma » Sun May 18, 2014 1:14 am

It could be a game mode or an option. For example "arcade" could be without damage, while "simulation" could be with damage.

Dragonreaper
New DCR Member

Postby Dragonreaper » Sun May 18, 2014 5:02 am

But if you add a "simulation" setting, than people will start demanding more realistic physics. Adding damage to the game will just make this game even more complicated for the people who made it. If it gets more complicated than they may get to the point at which they don't want to mess with it anymore.

Aramith
New DCR Member

Postby Aramith » Sun May 18, 2014 6:17 am

For this game to be good there needs to be consequence.
200 ft jumps are fine and good but if you smash into a hillside and crush your suspension you should crash and burn.

If the the developers want my coins they need to make this game better/deeper and more of a challenge, to my mind this is still a beta release.

Dragonreaper
New DCR Member

Postby Dragonreaper » Sun May 18, 2014 7:47 am

This is a game to see how far you can get. It's not any kind of simulation game. If you would crash and burn after a big jump then on some of the maps you would never get past 2000m. Depending on what vehicle you made, there are some areas where only way to get past them is to do a big jump and hope you clear that last steep incline that you wiped out on last time. Ontop of that, most of the money you get in the game comes from air time. You make getting big air time a punishment, then people are going to be more cautious, take things slower, have less fun with it. Putting something into the game that will cause you to crash after a big jump, is basically telling people "you jump to big, you will be punished for it". No more trying to break your last jump record, any kind of jump leader board will be maxed at the longest jump you can do before being punished putting just about everyone tied for first place. It's nearly impossible to do any of the really large jumps and get lucky enough that you touch down on a slope.

Punishment after big jump = punishment for trying to break your own jump record.

Aramith
New DCR Member

Postby Aramith » Sun May 18, 2014 5:39 pm

@Dragonreaper

Your looking at this all wrong, who said anything about punishment?
a) Do a massive jump, +b) land it wrong, =c) sustain some damage.
Who's saying your vehicle should fold up after doing jumps, I believe that there needs to be an element of dare and danger and timing.
Hit your take off too fast and over shoot the intended landing, too slow and fall short, sometimes you get away with it and sometimes you don't.

Sounds to me like you want the game to be easy.

jon_joy_1999
New DCR Member

Postby jon_joy_1999 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:37 am

how is KILLING THE DRIVER not a punishment for attempting a challenge?
I wholeheartedly REJECT this entire suggestion, and strongly hope that the Developers do as well. This is not what I see DreamCarRacing moving towards.

Fantagma
New DCR Member

Postby Fantagma » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:53 pm

The thing is that the driver is not killed/ejected in a lot of situations where he/she should die/be ejected because of the force of the impact and inability of the car design to absorb the shock safely.

jon_joy_1999
New DCR Member

Postby jon_joy_1999 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:46 am

the point of the game is to get from the start to the finish as fast as possible. this requires a lot of speed. a lot of speed generates a lot of height. if you get really high and your suspension fails on landing, then should be your punishment for not building a robust vehicle, not killing your dude. this shouldn't be Kerbal SpeedWay

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”