Dream Car Racing Evo beta testing

RoKo0
DCR Expert

Dream Car Racing Evo beta testing

Postby RoKo0 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:27 am

Hi guys,

I'm looking for betatesters for my game "Dream Car Racing 2".

If you would like to apply, please send me the following info in private:

Your DCR username:
Email address:

I need only a few testers so I'm sorry if I'll skip your application.

Thank you in advance,
-RoKo0

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Re: Dream Car Racing Evo beta testing

Postby PeixeWiggles » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:30 pm

So here we are, at it again. :)

I have played only enough to unlock all levels at this point.

The first thing noticed was the login to Password will not tab. I always enter Username TAB to password then enter password. I had to manually click in password. No tab stop.

The next thing I noticed....

I thought EVO was merely going to be DCR1 with the added items and play like DCR2. Instead I find all new levels. Not a bad thing, just an observation.

As far as your questions are concerned:
- Is everything clear in the game? Are additional tips necessary?
So far, so good. Nothing additional needed except what is mentioned below regarding the reducer.

- Did you notice bugs or spelling errors?
None yet, but will keep an eye out for anything.

- What levels did you like in the game and what did not?
As with DCR1, most levels seem a bit too bumpy for my liking. Also as with DCR1, I like Dawn and Highway, although I'm not too sure about all the jump stop blocking platforms in EVO.

- Your opinion as a whole.
Not really sure yet. No Turbines? I really haven't had the chance to fully test out the Pneumatic shocks or the reducer yet. I'm curious what the reducer is supposed to do. It's the only item in any of the games that I was unsure of by the name. What is it reducing?

This is just a preliminary test. There's still a lot to go through yet.

danieldorais
DCR moderator

Postby danieldorais » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:11 pm

Back again!

Thank you RoKoO for offering me the chance to test DCR EVO!
This is my first time playing the game, so I will just write down things exactly as I see them.
The main page is more complete at this point than in DCR 2, but the logo in the top left still says dcr2 even though if you click it it takes you to the evo page.
In the get the full version screen, it says 'You'll also be helping th support the development of dream car racing 3d" Should 3d be EVO, or is another DCR coming...
Feedback page appears to work.
Level editor cant be clicked on.
As Peixe said I can't tab from username to password. Actually, I cant tab anywhere.
This is a weird one: If I click choose race id it takes me to the multiplayer tab as it should. But, the room id is invalid. Oh I just realized that room id and race id are different. Maybe an example of the race id could be put next to enter the race id on the homescreen.
On the create room screen, "descritprion" should be spelled "description"
If I try to load a car from dcr2 it wont show the car but the car will be there and if I click on play it will just be a black loading screen.
Angle locks still cant be overlapped.
Neither can wheels :(
I like the trees in the back. Maybe they could be a destroyable obstacle.
Custom colors dont work. (cant click on the white rectangle)
Unrelated: clicking on the leaderboard button in DCR2 will take you to the DCR1 homepage.
I like how the HUD is the same as DCR1.
Question: Is progress saved every 2000 coins like DCR2 or do I have to manually do it?
I love how wings are adjustable in game. Would it be possible for the angle to save when you go to the garage after a race? This would allow you to get the perfect angle and save it that way.
I like how the prices of the old parts increase the same as DCR1. The seat is 100c in DCR1, Oc in DCR2 and 100c in DCR EVO.
I like how cars can be loaded with a link or an id.
"Pneumantic" shock should be spelled "Pneumatic" Also, in real life, shocks that extend like this are generally called "Hydraulics" because they use liquid instead of gas. I think Hydraulic shock would sound better.
On the same note, reducer could be called Rotary Pneumatic Actuator or just Pneumatic actuator because that would be more realistic.
I like the fix position option on the shocks.
I like how the frame pieces stay the same shape no matter how long they are.
Finally, the length bug is back. You can start ahead of the start line by having frame pieces trail behind you. Actually, this will only get you 20m ahead before car disappears.

Sorry that this was so long.
Thats all for now.

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Postby PeixeWiggles » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:11 am

Checking out Multiplayer mode - Created 2 rooms. Both rooms I manually enter 25 as the checkpoint amount and it still created at 15 checkpoints.

RoKo0
DCR Expert

Postby RoKo0 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:05 am

The game is updated.
An user should manually save progress.
All cars will be reset in this update, it is not a bug.
I renamed "reducer" to "actuator".

danieldorais
DCR moderator

Postby danieldorais » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:20 am

After playing a little more, I have a few suggestions.
Actuators are too expensive. Fully upgraded, they are the cost of an engine fully upgraded (around 150000). They should be the cost of a wing/ pneumatic shock (around 100000). Also, I do not think that the actuators are powerful enough, especially for their cost. They should be comparable in power to an engine if they are going to cost as much as one. I have devised a test for the power. The actuator should be able to compress a shock when the shock is at full hardness. Here is my contraption: http://dreamcarracing.com/dcr3-index.html?carid=21. Also, everything can be upgraded for max length except pneumatic shocks. Is this possible to fix? Would it be possible to allow wheels to overlap? It actually helps for builds in which two joints need to overlap, but not be stuck together. I think it costs too much to upgrade wheel size. 45000 extra per wheel for what was included in the 75000c price in dcr1 is excessive. In addition, you make money way more slowly in EVO vs DCR1. I got 134 coins for going 400m in EVO, yet I got 227 coins for going only 200m in DCR1. Considering that the prices for upgrades are the same in both games, I think the payout system needs improvement. DCR1 got it right, DCR2 eventually got it right, but EVO it too much grinding not enough building, especially now that there are far more possibilities for cool, complicated cars.
Sorry for the ranting, but I hope I got my point across.

danieldorais
DCR moderator

Postby danieldorais » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:39 am

Small issue: If you have a seatbelt and get 1000m on a level to unlock the next, the screen that pops up after you die will say next level unlocked, but it wont be when you get to the level select screen.

RoKo0
DCR Expert

Postby RoKo0 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:40 pm

danieldorais wrote:I got 134 coins for going 400m in EVO, yet I got 227 coins for going only 200m in DCR1.

I think you should disable the seatbelt or infinite boost.

The game is updated. I added the sandbox mode.

rondo1974
New DCR Member

Mid air control to slow even at full upgrade.

Postby rondo1974 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:38 pm

I have played DCR evo singleplayer and the only thing this far I would like changed myself is mid-air control, It is painfully slow specially compared to DCR 2 and the change from start level to full level is hardly noticeble. I would suggest that full upgrade give same mid-air control as DCR 2 as it is frustrating to play when the car is so slow to turn. You could keep the start level like now.

Besides from that I have not found anything else this far but I have only played for a few hours and is only at level 7 (city) in single player. Looks like DCR EVO is pretty much finished and I like it :)

danieldorais
DCR moderator

Re: Mid air control to slow even at full upgrade.

Postby danieldorais » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:50 pm

rondo1974 wrote:I have played DCR evo singleplayer and the only thing this far I would like changed myself is mid-air control, It is painfully slow specially compared to DCR 2 and the change from start level to full level is hardly noticeble. I would suggest that full upgrade give same mid-air control as DCR 2 as it is frustrating to play when the car is so slow to turn. You could keep the start level like now.

Besides from that I have not found anything else this far but I have only played for a few hours and is only at level 7 (city) in single player. Looks like DCR EVO is pretty much finished and I like it :)

I see what you are saying. The current mid air control seems the same as dcr1 though, so I don't really care. Peixe, what do you think?

RoKo0 wrote:
danieldorais wrote:I got 134 coins for going 400m in EVO, yet I got 227 coins for going only 200m in DCR1.

I think you should disable the seatbelt or infinite boost.

The game is updated. I added the sandbox mode.

I didn't even realize seatbelt was enabled. Sorry. I love sandbox mode though!

Return to “BETA TESTERS WANTED”