Props to Takemi!

Have something to say about any track in the game? Say it here!
danieldorais
DCR moderator

Re: Props to Takemi!

Postby danieldorais » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:36 am

Wulf 359 wrote:
danieldorais wrote:For dcr1 here is a link to a car i have saved but not published http://dreamcarracing.com/index.html?carid=243988
dcr2 works the same way but with numbers, so unless the car is hidden, you can just type in random numbers and a car could pop up

Not talking about DCR 2. I mean when you click a link in 1 forums, it goes automatically to the "play" screen for DCR 2. I even tried to select and copy the URL from the text in the forum post, and it still does that. Basically now, no way other than paging through the "see cars other people have designed" area, and hope for the best, but still not know if one you pick is the specific car design someone posted in the forums.

Hmm Thats weird. When I click on the links to your dcr1 replications, it loads up dcr1. Sorry if I'm still missing the point :?

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:50 am

danieldorais wrote:
Wulf 359 wrote:
danieldorais wrote:For dcr1 here is a link to a car i have saved but not published http://dreamcarracing.com/index.html?carid=243988
dcr2 works the same way but with numbers, so unless the car is hidden, you can just type in random numbers and a car could pop up

Not talking about DCR 2. I mean when you click a link in 1 forums, it goes automatically to the "play" screen for DCR 2. I even tried to select and copy the URL from the text in the forum post, and it still does that. Basically now, no way other than paging through the "see cars other people have designed" area, and hope for the best, but still not know if one you pick is the specific car design someone posted in the forums.

Hmm Thats weird. When I click on the links to your dcr1 replications, it loads up dcr1. Sorry if I'm still missing the point :?

I think you are getting the point, just that it isn't happening to you is all. When I click them, the full and proper URL is showing in the area where you would enter it. The problem is that the start screen, for lack of better wording, is what is loading, and then when I click any of the links, the browser is doing what it is supposed to do, and move to that screen that you click the link for. The issue is that doing that doesn't keep the DCR car ID.

danieldorais
DCR moderator

Postby danieldorais » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:08 pm

Wulf 359 wrote:
I think you are getting the point, just that it isn't happening to you is all. When I click them, the full and proper URL is showing in the area where you would enter it. The problem is that the start screen, for lack of better wording, is what is loading, and then when I click any of the links, the browser is doing what it is supposed to do, and move to that screen that you click the link for. The issue is that doing that doesn't keep the DCR car ID.

This just started happening to me. However, it only seems to not work for car links posted before DCR2 release. Links posted after default to the correct website.

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:46 pm

danieldorais wrote:
Wulf 359 wrote:

This just started happening to me. However, it only seems to not work for car links posted before DCR2 release. Links posted after default to the correct website.

That seems to be how it is working for me as well, because I checked some of them and some will go to the DCR selected start page, and let me select play, pick a map, and it shows the car. This is very odd, thing it requires it's own bug report.

Takemi
VIP DCR member

Postby Takemi » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:43 pm

ITS BACK BABY! http://dreamcarracing.com/index.html?carid=401496
THE ONE CAR THAT COULD BLOW THE HIGHWAY AWAY
THE HIGHWAY CAR BIATCH

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:57 am

Takemi wrote:ITS BACK BABY! http://dreamcarracing.com/index.html?carid=401496
THE ONE CAR THAT COULD BLOW THE HIGHWAY AWAY
THE HIGHWAY CAR BIATCH

And here I was thinking it was spelled "beeyotch!"

Takemi
VIP DCR member

Postby Takemi » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:47 pm

http://dreamcarracing.com/index.html?carid=405806

First edit to the Highway Car I could get to beat the original, only problems are it doesn't stay grounded.

EDIT: The car was taken down because I forgot to connect the motors with the wheels, lol

Return to “Tracks and Cars”