A little help for anyone who needs it

New to the game? This is the board for you!
TryingSomething
New DCR Member

A little help for anyone who needs it

Postby TryingSomething » Mon May 26, 2014 4:20 am

This is not in any order.....

Do not worry about the leaderboards. If You are 1st or 1000th there is no difference. You are racing the clock, not the person in real life (I'm hoping this will change but I don't work here) Finish the arcade maps. Get as close to 3000+ as possible. Earn your gold for upgrades.

Play the game on whatever platform You are brought here by until You are familiar with the game. For example, I saw this game on Kongregate and immediately played it. I then came to the main site the next day to play it a little more. A few days later I bought the game. I only play from the main site now.

As a beginner in this or any game, You have to think about Your patience and attention span. If You know You "get bored" easily than this game is still for You but it will take longer. Playing once a week will mean You progress once a week and so on. Play as much or as little as You want but remember You can take a rest at any moment. Earn Your gold for upgrades.

If You want to stay a "free" player then You (for now) are limited to 3 places to race. I recommend the second one. The second track. Earn Your gold for upgrades.

Do not forget to race random tracks if You bought the game.

That is all for now. I will add more and/or others can.

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Re: A little help for anyone who needs it

Postby Wulf 359 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:53 pm

(Not a reply, so much as an addition to the above.)

Not sure how long I have been playing the game (has been about a week or so at this point), but I found a few things relating to the tracks, and how the game sees things.

First off, play the game a bit and get used to it. See if you like it before you buy it. Most likely you will if you are playing it more than a couple of days.

Second, if you are scouting the cars that other people have posted, remember one very important thing. Many of them take a huge number of coins to even build the basic version, never mind the upgrades. Those people have either played the hell out of the game, purchased additional coins, or varying combinations of the two. Just remember, you need coins to upgrade your car. How many you need and how you get them is up to you.

Lastly, and I think this should be in a guide of some sort (RoKo0, feel free to use this or variations of if you do make a guide). You have the option to use the seatbelt. If you do, you get benefits, such as not falling out of the car if you roll over. However, it does have a cost, of sorts. The value of the coins you gather along the tracks is drastically reduced. If you are using the racing the tracks method to farm coins for your car upgrade, this can drastically increase the time needed to get a reasonable number of them.

Good luck with your future car designs, and enjoy the game.

danieldorais
DCR moderator

Re: A little help for anyone who needs it

Postby danieldorais » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:22 am

Try to beat the game as quickly as possible. At that point, you will be a millionaire and able to afford cool builds. Alternatively, if you like playing against other people, do competition as it does not require much money to get a winning design.

Return to “Beginner's Guide”