Jeremy is slacking

Have something to say about any track in the game? Say it here!
Wulf 359
DCR Expert
Posts: 544
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:52 pm

Re: Jeremy is slacking

Postby Wulf 359 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:34 pm

PeixeWiggles wrote:Your one to talk Mr. I post 50 messages a day. :P

I quit coin farming after release. I have more than I can spend. I'm stuck on like 6 different levels and threw my hands in the air and screamed ARRRRRGGGHHHH! :)

Edit: Building levels that is. Not trying to win them.


BTW, I have been busy working on skins. The forum section should be proof of that. And those are just the ones I upload.

User avatar
danieldorais
DCR moderator
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 12:55 am

Re: Jeremy is slacking

Postby danieldorais » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:01 am

Wulf 359 wrote:
PeixeWiggles wrote:Your one to talk Mr. I post 50 messages a day. :P

I quit coin farming after release. I have more than I can spend. I'm stuck on like 6 different levels and threw my hands in the air and screamed ARRRRRGGGHHHH! :)

Edit: Building levels that is. Not trying to win them.


BTW, I have been busy working on skins. The forum section should be proof of that. And those are just the ones I upload.

"Working" :lol:
You literally reposted all of the default skins. :P
Image

Wulf 359
DCR Expert
Posts: 544
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:52 pm

Re: Jeremy is slacking

Postby Wulf 359 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:48 am

danieldorais wrote:
Wulf 359 wrote:
PeixeWiggles wrote:Your one to talk Mr. I post 50 messages a day. :P

I quit coin farming after release. I have more than I can spend. I'm stuck on like 6 different levels and threw my hands in the air and screamed ARRRRRGGGHHHH! :)

Edit: Building levels that is. Not trying to win them.


BTW, I have been busy working on skins. The forum section should be proof of that. And those are just the ones I upload.

"Working" :lol:
You literally reposted all of the default skins. :P


Not talking about those. I mean the ones I did and posted, wheels as well as characters. It is a bunch of work, tweaking on the design, saving it, loading it in DCR 2 to see how it looks, tweaking some more, etc.

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator
Posts: 385
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: Jeremy is slacking

Postby PeixeWiggles » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:59 am

Wulf 359 wrote:Not talking about those. I mean the ones I did and posted, wheels as well as characters. It is a bunch of work, tweaking on the design, saving it, loading it in DCR 2 to see how it looks, tweaking some more, etc.


Tell me about it. That's why I was so excited when I actually did Peter Griffen. :) LOL That was my first one. They're very time consuming.

Wulf 359
DCR Expert
Posts: 544
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:52 pm

Re: Jeremy is slacking

Postby Wulf 359 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:43 am

I have been looking through as I go, and you cannot really tell unless it is against a really dark background, but some of the skins have white edging on some of it. Debating whether I want to go through and clean them up or not. Then I realize how much work I already have created for myself on my own stuff, and figure not going to bother unless it is on a char I use alot, like my Blue Man driver.

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator
Posts: 385
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: Jeremy is slacking

Postby PeixeWiggles » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:01 pm

Wulf 359 wrote:I have been looking through as I go, and you cannot really tell unless it is against a really dark background, but some of the skins have white edging on some of it. Debating whether I want to go through and clean them up or not. Then I realize how much work I already have created for myself on my own stuff, and figure not going to bother unless it is on a char I use alot, like my Blue Man driver.


The white edging is due to a graphical design process called antialiasing. It's intended to blend with the background. If the game could use my png's from Paint Shop pro, you would never notice the white edging because it would blend with whatever background it was on, but be it that I have to pass it through paint.net for it's transparency you end up with a bit of a white edge. I might be able to go through and make everything a single color edge with no blending/antialias, but I really didn't care enough to spend the extra time to do it.

Paint.net might be able to do transparencies another way then how I've been doing them and blend the edges with the background the way you can in PSP, but I haven't tried looking for it. In PSP that would be by doing a transparent blend (antialias) to the no background area or blank area. I don't think paint.net is quite that good though. Although I haven't spent a lot of time in it either.

Wulf 359
DCR Expert
Posts: 544
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:52 pm

Re: Jeremy is slacking

Postby Wulf 359 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:47 pm

PeixeWiggles wrote:
Wulf 359 wrote:I have been looking through as I go, and you cannot really tell unless it is against a really dark background, but some of the skins have white edging on some of it. Debating whether I want to go through and clean them up or not. Then I realize how much work I already have created for myself on my own stuff, and figure not going to bother unless it is on a char I use alot, like my Blue Man driver.


The white edging is due to a graphical design process called antialiasing. It's intended to blend with the background. If the game could use my png's from Paint Shop pro, you would never notice the white edging because it would blend with whatever background it was on, but be it that I have to pass it through paint.net for it's transparency you end up with a bit of a white edge. I might be able to go through and make everything a single color edge with no blending/antialias, but I really didn't care enough to spend the extra time to do it.

Paint.net might be able to do transparencies another way then how I've been doing them and blend the edges with the background the way you can in PSP, but I haven't tried looking for it. In PSP that would be by doing a transparent blend (antialias) to the no background area or blank area. I don't think paint.net is quite that good though. Although I haven't spent a lot of time in it either.


Well, it isn't really bad except like on the Backman character body parts that I have started using with my blue man head, and some sort of on the invisible driver body as well, because it is against the black body parts. But I remember seeing something in paint.net about the anti-aliasing. I might try to play around with that at some point, see if I can tweak on the settings some.

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator
Posts: 385
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: Jeremy is slacking

Postby PeixeWiggles » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:11 pm

Wulf 359 wrote:Well, it isn't really bad except like on the Backman character body parts that I have started using with my blue man head, and some sort of on the invisible driver body as well, because it is against the black body parts. But I remember seeing something in paint.net about the anti-aliasing. I might try to play around with that at some point, see if I can tweak on the settings some.


Another feature to look for is feathering. Feathering is similar to antialiasing in that it is used to blend two different colors or even color to no color, but generally allows for a deeper blend. At least in PSP it does. I can set the feathering radius so it would go 1 pixel deep to like 256 pixels deep. For larger images feathering to 3 or 5 is normal for me. The smaller images, 1 would due and 1 is pretty much just like antialiasing. Feathering usually works better when fading to no color or fading to transparent, which would be ideal for this. Fading to transparent would make things blend perfectly with the background in game.

Maybe I should look more at the bells and whistles of paint.net myself.


Return to “Tracks and Cars”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests