Multiplayer Level rating

Discuss everything related to Dream Car Racing
PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Multiplayer Level rating

Postby PeixeWiggles » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:02 am

I'm trying to think of how to word this one without sounding like I'm whining about it.

According to Roko0, a level moves to the "Top Rated" when it receives it's 5th rating. Well.... Life is a Rollercoaster is now on the "Top Rated" list with only 3 up votes. This means at least 2 people voted it down.

Granted, this was not a track designed for your level 1 car to complete. Compared to most levels it's quite complex with twists, turns, flips, certain obstacles you need a fast car to complete. Not many have completed the level. I'm wondering if this is because I made it too hard or if they're just not a high enough level to complete it.

Personally, I think it's one of my best levels. I love playing that level for it's complexity. It's the first level I used the steep reverse incline flip and with the cars I run on it, I love that section. Do I complete it first try every time? No way, It's quite technical, you have to hit it just right to get enough traction to make the turn-around, but it's fun trying none the less. The flat near the beginning is technical. You have to come off the flip just right to land on top and sometimes I miss it. The steep incline to straight with an S-turn is pretty darn cool if I say so myself. Although if you're boosted there, you'll go too fast and smash your head, which I've done 100 times or more, but getting the timing to bump the rear tire off the wall to make it to the S-turn is an awesome technical challenge.

What's not to like about it?

There's only one thing I don't like about the level and it's not till the very end coming off the last flip, I think I made the landing just a tad too high and I clip the landing lip more often then not, but certainly not worth a thumbs down for that.

I guess I"m just a little sad that there are obviously others that do not appreciate the awesomeness that this level is. I don't think they know it's one I spent a lot of time on.

Although, on the up side, they certainly got "Cat on a hot tin roof" right. I spent a lot of time on that one too. Although not as technical, it certainly offers multiple paths and directions you can take. I like seeing the start where everyone takes off in different directions. :)

Hamster1979
Average DCR member

Re: Multiplayer Level rating

Postby Hamster1979 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:23 am

Sounds like a min upgrade restriction would be in order.

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Postby PeixeWiggles » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:42 am

Hamster1979 wrote:Sounds like a min upgrade restriction would be in order.

I asked for it, but it was late in the beta testing cycle and too close to release to get it done. Hoping it will be revisited later.

The level I'm talking about was the one I was working on when I mentioned it.

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:05 am

PeixeWiggles wrote:I'm trying to think of how to word this one without sounding like I'm whining about it.

According to Roko0, a level moves to the "Top Rated" when it receives it's 5th rating. Well.... Life is a Rollercoaster is now on the "Top Rated" list with only 3 up votes. This means at least 2 people voted it down.

Granted, this was not a track designed for your level 1 car to complete. Compared to most levels it's quite complex with twists, turns, flips, certain obstacles you need a fast car to complete. Not many have completed the level. I'm wondering if this is because I made it too hard or if they're just not a high enough level to complete it.

Personally, I think it's one of my best levels. I love playing that level for it's complexity. It's the first level I used the steep reverse incline flip and with the cars I run on it, I love that section. Do I complete it first try every time? No way, It's quite technical, you have to hit it just right to get enough traction to make the turn-around, but it's fun trying none the less. The flat near the beginning is technical. You have to come off the flip just right to land on top and sometimes I miss it. The steep incline to straight with an S-turn is pretty darn cool if I say so myself. Although if you're boosted there, you'll go too fast and smash your head, which I've done 100 times or more, but getting the timing to bump the rear tire off the wall to make it to the S-turn is an awesome technical challenge.

What's not to like about it?

There's only one thing I don't like about the level and it's not till the very end coming off the last flip, I think I made the landing just a tad too high and I clip the landing lip more often then not, but certainly not worth a thumbs down for that.

I guess I"m just a little sad that there are obviously others that do not appreciate the awesomeness that this level is. I don't think they know it's one I spent a lot of time on.

Although, on the up side, they certainly got "Cat on a hot tin roof" right. I spent a lot of time on that one too. Although not as technical, it certainly offers multiple paths and directions you can take. I like seeing the start where everyone takes off in different directions. :)

/\ Reads the above, and hears "whine whine RoKo0 did something, whine whine, technical racing, whine whine whine whine."

(Kidding btw :P )

PeixeWiggles
DCR moderator

Postby PeixeWiggles » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:51 pm

Wulf 359 wrote:/\ Reads the above, and hears "whine whine RoKo0 did something, whine whine, technical racing, whine whine whine whine."

More like wine wine wine, drink some more, wine wine wine, go home Wiggle you're drunk. :)

Return to “General Discussion”