Re: Wheels

Post skins as images here.
Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Sat May 16, 2015 10:45 pm

2 things to consider, which I did post in the guide for DCR 2. When you save the file, you need to be able to pick the specific pixel size (height and width) that the game is looking for. Unfortunately, if it is even 1 pixel off on either dimension, the program will not work with it. Check your measurements to make sure they are correct, and that you are also trying to load them to the right position. (Wheel image cannot be used for frame piece without being resized.)

danieldorais
DCR moderator

Postby danieldorais » Sat May 16, 2015 11:14 pm

Wulf 359 wrote:
2 things to consider, which I did post in the guide for DCR 2. When you save the file, you need to be able to pick the specific pixel size (height and width) that the game is looking for. Unfortunately, if it is even 1 pixel off on either dimension, the program will not work with it. Check your measurements to make sure they are correct, and that you are also trying to load them to the right position. (Wheel image cannot be used for frame piece without being resized.)

The color needs to be scarlet.

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Sat May 16, 2015 11:17 pm

danieldorais wrote:
Wulf 359 wrote:

The color needs to be scarlet.

Not for the wheel tho, just the letter.

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:38 pm

Read the editing guide here on the specifications you need to use regarding file type and dimension of the item you are trying to do. One of the ways you can figure out how to work with the program you are using is to use the included help system, if it has one. Photoshop is a pretty well known program, and a bigger one, so while I do not have it, I am 99% sure it has a help system in it.

The other thing to remember as well is if you are trying to load a file for DCR 2 or Evo. While they both use the PNG file type, they have different requirements as far as pixel size goes.
Last edited by Wulf 359 on Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wulf 359
DCR Expert

Postby Wulf 359 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:21 pm

I checked over your wheel image, and the file size is correct. However, if you were able to load it somehow, you would have a white block image in the place of what looks like a wheel. I have cleaned it up for you and made a version that will work. As far as your issues loading, I do not know what steps you are doing in the attempt, so I cannot say what you are doing right or wrong.

Version 3 is for daniel. :P
Attachments
Wheel A ver 3.png
Wheel A ver 3.png (3.72 KiB) Viewed 6285 times
Wheel A ver 2.png
Wheel A ver 2.png (3.69 KiB) Viewed 6285 times

danieldorais
DCR moderator

Postby danieldorais » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:34 pm

Wulf 359 wrote:I checked over your wheel image, and the file size is correct. However, if you were able to load it somehow, you would have a white block image in the place of what looks like a wheel. I have cleaned it up for you and made a version that will work. As far as your issues loading, I do not know what steps you are doing in the attempt, so I cannot say what you are doing right or wrong.

Version 3 is for daniel. :P

Thanks!
Attachments
Scarlet Letter.jpg
Scarlet Letter.jpg (10.2 KiB) Viewed 6285 times

Return to “Wheels”