kmrs4pro's Guide to Building Vehicles

New to the game? This is the board for you!
kmrs4pro
Average DCR member

kmrs4pro's Guide to Building Vehicles

Postby kmrs4pro » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:17 am

Here is how I make my vehicles,

I start by researching what i'm going to make (if not a original design). Then on my dual monitor I transfer the pic to use as a reference. I start by figuring out the scale of the design in relation to the guy and his seat. Then draw the vehicle around him. I draw the outline first then fill in to make it structurally sound (hardest part) because i have to keep the weight down. I have a tried and true way of making suspension which I use on almost every vehicle, it's done by making the wheel-well, then a cross member, then supports to the wheel with shocks. After i have the original concept I add different design elements like actuators, wings, and movable parts if need be. Then choose a color to match what i am creating and then LOTS of testing to make sure the vehicle functions like it suppose to. Many times my designs are inspired by what others have created and I try and think of ways to improve or modify what they have made. Other times I design my favorite things from TV and Movies. On my crazy vehicles, like the wheels and random designs I start with an idea and just keep adding until it works (those take the most amount of time by far). I spend an average of 3 hours on each vehicle to get it right. Just take your time and don't post it until you are confident in what you have created. But I still go back and modify my old cars for fun lol. Hope this helps!!

TristinC7
New DCR Member

Re: kmrs4pro's Guide to Building Vehicles

Postby TristinC7 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:15 am

Could someone please explain the part labled "Point".

kmrs4pro
Average DCR member

Postby kmrs4pro » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:21 am

A point setting can add or decrease friction on a specific joint. It also can be made to make the two connecting parts not touch the map. Jeremy has some vehicles that use the point setting very well. Check them out for reference.

danieldorais
DCR moderator

Postby danieldorais » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:57 pm

TristinC7 wrote:Could someone please explain the part labled "Point".

See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=523&p=2912&hilit=point+settings#p2912

TristinC7
New DCR Member

Postby TristinC7 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:18 am

Thank You.

danieldorais
DCR moderator

Postby danieldorais » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:21 pm

TristinC7 wrote:Thank You.

No problem!